The Safety/Security Department offers a number of specialized services to the College Community.
- Emergency blue light phones are located around the campus, outside buildings and on poles in visible locations including the parking lots. These phones are campus extension phones, identifiable by the blue light which flashes above them. They can be used to call Security or 911 in the event of an emergency. For the locations of these phones, click here.
- Our Security Escort Service is available 24 hours a day. A uniformed officer will escort members of the College community to or from parking lots, residence halls or other buildings. To utilize the escort service simply call Security at extension 5204. (Note: This is not a taxi service. The officer providing the escort may be on foot, depending on which of the shift's personnel are available.)
- The Information/Security Center (also known as the Booth), located on Castle Place, is staffed by a uniformed Security Officer from 7am - Midnight, 7 days a week. This post is responsible for greeting and providing information to visitors to the campus. Visitor parking tags are issued through the booth.
- Over the course of the year, the Safety/Security Department provides a number of programs, workshops and drop-ins designed to provide specialized information to the college community. Topics include substance abuse, relationship violence, fire safety, commuter safety and property security.
- Videos and brochures are available through the Director of Safety/Security, covering a number of issues.