CNR welcomes applications from international students for freshman or transfer admission. To apply to CNR, please follow these procedures:
- Apply online
- Send all supporting documents to The College of New Rochelle:
- Send your official transcript. The transcripts of international students are evaluated in accordance with the educational procedures of the native country. Emphasis is placed on the international student's facility with the English language.
- Have your TOEFL score reported. Students whose native language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in English. We require a minimum composite score of 213 (computer-based) or 550 (paper-based) on the TOEFL exam.
- Letter of recommendation the candidate’s academic and personal qualities prepared by the principal, guidance counselor, or teacher.
- An essay or personal statement in support of your application and credentials and explaining your desire to enter the nursing profession.
- If you have earned college credit, please have transcripts evaluated for American equivalency. (World Education Services is recommended.)
- Financial documentation is also necessary to provide financial documentation which indicates that the applicant has sufficient funding to pay for all educational and personal expenses while in the United States; international students must submit a Certification of Finances to enable the College to issue an I-20 form. The amount considered as sufficient funding may vary from year to year.
Our Mailing Address
Office of Admission
The College of New Rochelle
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, NY 10805
An admission interview, while not usually required, is highly recommended. The interview enables the applicant to receive further information about the College and enhances her admission credentials through the oral presentation of additional strengths or talents. Applicants are also invited to take a tour of the campus and to visit classes. Campus visits can be arranged through the Office of Admission at 1-800-933-5923. For questions, contact Nicole Nickerson, Assistant Director of Admissions.