Transfer Prerequisite Courses
Students should complete 24 or more credits prior to applying to the program. Transfer applicants do not need to complete ALL prerequisites to apply. The priority deadline for the Transfer students is May 1.
Prerequisite classes are only transferable with a passing grade of C+ of above:
Scientific Foundations, 21 credits
Human and Social Analysis, 9 credits
- Concepts in Biology - 3 cr. Note: Replacement credit may be granted if an applicant transfers in with A&P I & II completed
- Anatomy and Physiology I - 4 cr.
- Anatomy and Physiology II – 4 cr.
- General Chemistry – 4 cr. Note: Inorganic &/or Organic Chemistry
- Nutrition – 3 cr.
- Microbiology – 3 cr. Note: This is a co-requisite that can be taken at the same time as Nursing courses.
Communication, 6 credits
- General Psychology – 3 cr.
- Developmental Psychology – 3 cr. Note: Must include the lifespan.
- Introduction to Sociology – 3 cr.
Logical Thinking, 6 credits
- Writer’s Workshop (English Composition I) – 3 cr.
- Critical Essay (English Composition II) – 3 cr.
Humanities, 15 credits
- College Math – 3 cr. Note: Algebra/Trig, Pre-calculus or Calculus)
- Statistics – 3 cr. Note: This is a co-requisite that can be taken at the same time as nursing courses.
- Computer Applications – 3 cr. Note: This is a co-requisite that can be taken at the same time as nursing courses.
- Business, Economics, or Political Science – 3 cr.
- Fine Art
- English Literature
- Foreign Language
We also encourage you to read the course descriptions in the School of Nursing catalog online at catalog.cnr.edu
to verify if your courses are equivalent.