For admission purposes, you are a transfer student if you have registered at a college or university after graduating from high school. Applicants are required to have performed well in a strong academic program.
- If you have earned fewer than 24 credits at the time of application, your high school transcripts and SAT scores must also be submitted.
- Courses completed with grades of C- or better and similar to those offered at CNR, are acceptable for transfer.
- CNR will transfer up to 75 credit hours.
- A writing and mathematics placement tests will not be required if students have passed equivalent courses with a C- or better.
- Students with a completed Associates of Arts degree with a minimum of 60 credits will be granted junior status.
- Official transcript must indicate that the degree was granted
- The liberal arts core will be satisfied, with the provision that two semesters of a foreign language have been completed and the math requirements are equal to CNR’s MTH 109: Quantitative Reasoning or MTH 111: College Mathematics.
- Transfer students must complete one-half of her major and minor courses at CNR.
- 30 of the credits required in residence must be completed on the junior or senior level.
- Transfer credit evaluations will be completed and an evaluation provided to the student.
A transfer student intending to pursue an art major is required to show the Chairperson of the Art Department a portfolio of her work to determine proficiency.
Offers of admission are conditional, pending receipt of all official records showing successful completion of academic work in progress.
Transfer students are encouraged to participate in one of Transfer Days, which are scheduled throughout the year.