The College of New Rochelle Presents First Annual Autism Conference “Building Bridges Between Practice and Education”
On Friday, April 26, 2013, The College of New Rochelle will host, with the Association for Science in Autism Treatment, the First annual Autism Conference “Building Bridges Between Practice and Education
Keynote Speaker will be Mary E. McDonald, Ph.D., BCBA-D of the Association for Science in Autism Treatment. Dr. McDonald will provide information on a variety of technology-based instructional methods that can be used to teach skills to individuals with autism spectrum disorders.
This conference will focus on methods for educating students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in general and special education settings, and provides current information on a variety of the research-based strategies to facilitate best optimal outcomes for individuals with ASD. Due to the complex nature of this disability and the increasing presence of ASD in schools, the need for professionals and parents to become more knowledgeable about ASD is critical.
The conference which runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4: 00 p.m., will include workshops on:
- Assessing Reading and Individualizing in Reading Program in Children with ASD – Concetta Russo, Ed.D. The College of New Rochelle
- Using Functional Communication Training as an Intervention for Challenging Behavior in Students with Autism –Simone Pusey, BCBA The College of New Rochelle
- The ABLLS: From Assessment to Intervention – Anya Silver, MS, BCBA Quality Services for the Autism Community
- Curriculum for Children with ASD – Keith Amerson Tri-State Learning Center
- Collaborating Programming for Young Children with Autism – Steve Hernandez, Ph.D. Hofstra University
- Promoting Socialization and Play Skills in Children with ASD – Mary McDonald, Ph.D., BCBA Genesis Outreach
- Understanding Co-Morbid Psychiatric Conditions in Children with ASD – Ruth Donlin, MS Consultant/Private Practice
- How Does the Change in Autism Diagnosis Affect Services for Children with ASD – John McGrath, Esq. Parent Attorney
To register for the conference: events.cnr.edu/autism
Registration due: April 24, 2013.
Fee for Professional: $95, which includes Continental Breakfast, Lunch.
For teams of 3+ $80/person; Students $65 w/College ID; $45/person with CNR/ID
Checks should be made out to: The College of New Rochelle
Mail to: The College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Place, New Rochelle, NY 10805. ATTN: Graduate School Dean’s Office.
For complete schedule or for more information go to: events.cnr.edu/autism
Phone: (914) 654-5320