CNR assists all students in their achievement of academic success and will provide you with a host of experiences and tools to prepare you for your professional career. Your journey towards success begins right at the start of the academic year!
Jump Start in July and Orientation in August will help to make your college transition smooth.
ALL INCOMING FRESHMEN STUDENTS WILL ATTEND A JUMPSTART ORIENTATION PROGRAM
Session I – Thursday, July 17, 2014
Session II - Monday, July 28, 2014
At Jump Start all students will:
- Students receive academic advisement and are registered for Fall classes
- Summer reading is assigned
- Common text for Freshmen First Year Experience Course
- Meet with Bursar and Financial Aid Office
- Submit Immunization forms
- Photos for CNR Identification cards are taken
- New student survey is completed
- Students and their parents/guardian have an opportunity to acclimate to campus through a variety of interactions with college personnel
ORIENTATION SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS
ORIENTATION SCHEDULE FOR PARENTS
FOLLOWING COMPLETION OF JUMPSTART ORIENTATION, ALL INCOMING FRESHMEN WILL BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN AUGUST FALL ORIENTATION.
Fall Orientation begins on Sunday, August 31, 2014, and concludes Tuesday, September 2, 2014, for all residents
You will participate in a variety of events including:
- Resident Student Move-In
- On Campus 101 (for commuters)
- The CNR College Experience
- Freshman Convocation
- A BBQ with the President
- And much more!
The fun doesn't stop there. CNR will WOW
you with our Weeks of Welcome
activities, which include NYC Trips & Tours, a Movie on Maura Lawn, sporting events and more!
For more information about orientation, please contact:
The Office of Student Development
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, NY 10805