- The SON Health Assessment Form must be fully COMPLETED. Do not leave blank spaces. Once the Health Assessment form is completed, a Health Status Report Form (clearance) will be MAILED to you and a copy will be sent to the School of Nursing.
- Health Assessment Forms must be submitted and completed by the designated deadlines (see below). Annual requirements that expire during the semester will not be accepted.
- Once completed, the student will receive a clearance. Students will receive ONE clearance slip per year.
- Forms can be returned by fax - 914-654-5885, mail or brought into the Health Services Office. If a student chooses to bring their forms, they will receive a clearance in the mail.
- Your instructors will ask you to show this as proof of health clearance before you are permitted to enter any clinical agency, so please keep your copy.
DATE OF FIRST CLINICAL COURSE HEALTH FORM DUE
Summer May 1st
Fall July 1st
Spring December 1st
HEALTH CARE AGENCIES WILL NOT PERMIT ANY NURSING STUDENT WHO HAS CLIENT CONTACT TO PARTICIPATE IN HIS/HER CLINICAL AREAS WITHOUT A CLEARANCE FORM.
The Health Services Office is here to help you with any questions, you may have. Please call the office 914-654-5311 or 914-654-5498 if you need any assistance with immunizations, blood work or finding a health care provider for your needs.
PUBLIC HEALTH LAW (NYS PHL) §2165- ALL students, regardless of the program enrolled in, born on or after January 1, 1957, must present documented proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps and Rubella. This is a mandate by New York State Department of Health, Public Health Law, Chapter 2165. IT’S THE LAW!
PUBLIC HEALTH LAW (NYS PHL) §2167 REQUIRES THE COLLEGE OF NEW ROCHELLE TO MAINTAIN A RECORD OF THE FOLLOWING:
- A response of receipt of meningococcal disease and vaccine information signed by the student or student’s parent or guardian. This must include information on the availability and cost of meningococcal meningitis vaccine; AND EITHER
- A record of meningococcal meningitis immunization within the past 10 years: OR
- An acknowledgement of meningococcal disease risks and refusal of meningitis vaccine signed by the student or student’s parent or guardian.
FORMS ARE TO BE RETURNED BY MAIL TO:
The College of New Rochelle
Health Services Office
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, NY 10805-2339
The Health Services Office is located on the first floor of Angela Hall. The office is staffed by Certified Health Care Providers available to assist in the completion of these forms. Please call for an appointment at (914) 654-5311.